Natural Hair Care
The starting point of natural hair care begins with giving up the items that does the most damage to your hair. This would include relaxers, dyes, and high temperature styling tools. We are here to help you gain and maintain healthy strong hair by keeping you updated with the latest enhancements and variations for natural black hair care. This site was created so Ebony women can view all the wonderful aspects of their natural hair.
Where Do I Start?
The starting point in acquiring gorgeous natural black hair is very good nutrition and health. Natural hair care options has become extremely common since so many people have realized the damage harsh chemicals has on their hair and body.
Visit the Naturally Curly Hair Types page to help determine the texture of your hair. Andre Walker, Oprah’s much talented stylist, has helped make identifying hair texture easier than ever before. Once you have identified your hair texture, next you will need to look at the products available for your hair texture/type.
The good thing about natural hair care products is that it works good on a variety of hair types. For example, Carols daughter products deals with a variety of natural curly hair textures. Try to use organic products that do not have harsh chemicals if you wan’t healthy growth and best results.
There are so many products for black women that contains the required natural oils and humidifying hair conditioners, there really isn’t a good reason why you wouldn’t be able to find one that works great for your hair. Like never before, today there are a large number of black-owned hair companies, just to name a few, Carol’s Daughter, Miss Jessie’s, and Kinky-Curly Hair Products.
Avoid unnecessary use of hair care products that include ingredients like paraben, mineral oil, silicone, and petroleum. Studies have shown these items do damage to natural hair. They have the tendency to clog the pores and limit the potential of growth.
Re-discovering your natural hair texture is very exciting for a lot of women. No matter your hair texture, most women place a lot of pride in their hair.You have the opportunity to experiment and learn new things about your hair on a daily basis if you choose.
Stay Away from Heat and Chemicals
Black hair is typically drier than other ethnicity. Since this is the case, our hair requires additional moisture content to endure hair styling. Curly textures usually are by far the most weak since the flexes in kinky hair causes it to have a challenge with sending natural oils from the scalp along the curly hair shaft to the ends. Therefore the curlier the hair the greater susceptible it can be to becoming dry and splitting.
Chemical substances as well as heat hair styling draw the inner moisture content from our hair, which makes it fragile and breakable. If you do decide to where your hair straight, search for heat shielding and moisturizing products which include silicone. This will help you fight against damage since silicone coat your hair and enable moisture to be closed in.
Ellin who developed the Ellin LeVar Textures solutions for natural hair care stated that ingredients which increase body can in fact remove natural oils and take away moisture. According to Ellin if the product you’re using is greasy, there’s a good chance it’s most likely not putting moisture content into you hair. Instead of using a greasy item that will just sit on top of your hair without penetrating you need a conditioner with lightweight oils to penetrate into your hair and scalp.
She also has mentioned that lanolin or any other greasy products hydrate, can block the follicles on the crown and weigh locks down. She favors hair conditioners with essential herbal oils, like grape seed oil for instance, that hydrate without the need of leaving greasy deposits behind.
Professionals also recommend covering your own hair inside a satin headscarf or bonnet before going to sleep to assist the hair to preserve moisture. Natural cotton materials inside your pillowcase will pull away reserved moisture.
Vitamin Supplement to Promote Strong and Healthy Hair Growth
Biotin is often a main element within the healthy hair developing course of action — it is very important not just to develop new hair; additionally it performs a significant part inside the all around health of skin and nails.
Biotin is actually a vitamin B complex and it’s also found in food items like eggs and liver. Nevertheless, it will acquire plenty of eggs and liver to offer you the 5mg of biotin that you will require for healthier hair and nails. A biotin dietary supplement can offer one’s body with all the required quantity of biotin it requires to encourage growth of hair that may help prevent hair thinning with out extra calorie consumption and without needing to consume liver.
Individuals who’re going through hair thinning might be able to maintain their head of hair longer and promote new hair growth by using a biotin dietary supplement or hair vitamin supplements that contains biotin.
Seven Hair Care Tips for your Natural Hair:
- Opposed to combing or brushing your hair at night, consider given your scalp a stimulating massage. This course of action will encourage the blood flow movement without the risk of snagging your hair with a comb/brush may eventually cause breakage.
- A hot oil treatment method is a terrific way to take care of all-natural hair. It’s going to behave as a moisturizing lotion for your head and give a gorgeous shine for your hair. You may want to even consider a Henna Treatment as a routine deep conditioner.
- Use a large tooth comb when detangling your hair. If you are wearing an Afro or braids, it’s important to brush through your roots. If your comb is too slim it may damage your hair.
- Avoid products that include detergent ingredients when your are cleaning your hair. These components remove natural oils out of your head of hair and lead it to dehydrate. Try using organic hair products which works well on natural hair.
- For braids and locs, you will have the benefit of stunning hairstyles that will showcase your assorted texture. However the exact same guidelines apply with regards to maintaining your own hair thoroughly clean and hydrated.
- Get your ends trimmed at least every 6 to 8 weeks.
- How frequently should you clean your hair? Some experts believe it is good to wash your hair at least every 14 days but, 7 to 10 days is recommended. According to Kim Kimble a talented stylist who has worked with artist like Mary J. Blige and Beyonce, frequently have to remind her clients black hair actually need to be washed on a regular basis despite what you may think. Kim also mentioned you can actually have bacteria grow on your scalp without the regular cleansing which is not apart of healthy hair care. On the other hand, washing your hair too frequently can strip your hair of hydration. Everyone carries a distinct way of life. And this is exactly what determines how frequently you clean the hair within these guidelines. The bottom line is to clean the hair frequently enough to get rid of excessive grime and smells but not really much that it strip the hair of the natural oils.
As Black women of all ages, we now have this fixation about having really long hair. It’s been my own encounter that after I ultimately ceased placing chemical substances on my hair and went natural, I noticed a substantial difference in the overall health of my hair.
You may experience differently, so seriously consider the things that you decide to do for your hair, that’s where you where you will discover what performs and what will not do the job. Rocking your natural hair can certainly be a turning point in your life! Sign up for our monthly newsletter or follow us on twitter to get the latest updates on natural hair care.
Please share with your friends if you believe this information was helpful! Thanks