Once you get a taste of the natural hair community and all of its diversity, togetherness and fun, you will definitely want more. The natural hair community is huge and always growing. There may also be local meet ups near to where you live, in addition to the amazing communities online. Here are the only natural hair resources you would ever need!
Websites and Blogs
1. www.blackgirllonghair.com is a comprehensive blog with interviews, style guides, natural celebrity gossip and salons.
2. www.curlynikki.com offers tips, tricks, style guides and hair crushes.
3. www.naturalhairrules.com is a site with product reviews, hair tips and inspiration.
Facebook is a great way to make a community or become a part of one. Here are a couple of the biggest natural communities on the largest social network in the world.
4. Natural Hair Rules !!!
5. Natural Hair Growth by Neno Natural
Sometimes, there’s nothing better than reading a good book about something you feel passionate about.
6. Better Than Good Hair: The Curly Girl Guide to Healthy, Gorgeous Natural Hair! By Nikki Walton, the same Nikki of www.curlynikki.com. A serious must-read for any natural or anyone thinking about going natural.
7. Going Natural: How to Fall in Love with Nappy Hair by Mireille Liong-A-Kong speaks in plain and simple language about black hair and black health.
YouTube is the home of many, many natural hair tutorials. This list is in no way comprehensive. Each YouTube hostess has her own style and flavor, so it’s a good idea to watch a few shows to see which one best suits you.
16. Check out your local listings for a natural hair salon in your area. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find, especially if you live in or near a large metropolis. Bonus: Don’t forget about this very blog you’re reading!